Terms & Conditions
Stay a While Holiday Homes Terms & Conditions:
Stay a while acts as Agent for the accommodation owner. These Terms are for the benefit of, and are intended to be enforceable by, the Property owner under the Contracts (Privity) Act 1982.
If you make a booking request through our Website or any booking platform, Stay a While Limited (Stay a While Holiday Homes) will contact you within 24 hours to advise confirmation or non-acceptance of the booking request.
Stay a While have sole discretion to accept a booking. Acceptance of a booking will give you, the guest, a licence to occupy the relevant property on the booked days only and agree to and accept full compliance with all the terms and conditions.
Should Stay a While Holiday Homes not accept a booking request, Stay a While Holiday Homes will refund any accommodation costs, service fee and add-on costs. The money will leave Stay a While Holiday Homes bank account immediately upon cancellation. The refund can take up to 5 working days for your bank or credit card provider to process the refund.
1) Bay Security are contracted to deal with serious breaches of the Terms & Conditions of accommodation. Call-out charges are significant & will be to the account of the guest(s) responsible for the breach as per our Bond Policy & other relevant policies.
2) Bond Policy & Credit Card Charges
Credit card details OR NZ$500.00 is required as a bond and may be requested prior to the commencement of your stay (typically 21 days prior to arrival or at time of booking if booking within 21 days of arrival). A higher bond may be specified if you have a large number of guests, pets or other special circumstances. Bonds can also be required at the discression of Stay a While Holiday Homes.
The cardholder/payee is responsible for ensuring that the property is left neat & tidy & that its chattels, furnishings & grounds are left in the condition found at arrival.
By proceeding with this booking you authorise Stay a While Limited to charge the card/bond for the fair cost of unavailability, replacement, repair, or services required to restore the property, its chattels, furnishings or grounds to the condition found at arrival, where it can be established that such issues arose in the course of your stay & where these issues cannot be attributed to fair wear & tear.
Should a claim for recovery of costs exceed the bond, an invoice will be raised for immediate payment of the remaining amount.
3. Business Purposes
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply if the property is used for business purposes.
4. Maximum guests and Guests named in Booking
Bookings must not exceed the maximum number of people specified on the property listing at ANY time, regardless of the number of beds available at the property.
The names of all adults staying must be provided at the time of booking. The booking is valid for the number of persons and group configuration as indicated on the booking request. Any changes to the booking should be communicated to and agreed by Stay a While Holiday Homes in writing to ensure the booking remains valid.
5. Adult / Child / Infant classification
Infants: 0-12 months
Child: 1 – 16 Years
Adult: 16 and over
6. Person booking must stay
You, as the person making the booking must be at least 25 years of age, must be present and on-site at the property throughout the stay, unless agreed in writing by Stay a While Holiday Homes. If you do not stay at the property during the booking without the agreement of Stay a While Holiday Homes, you are in breach of this agreement and you will still be legally responsible for all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions and your guests’ compliance with them.
7. Prices & Payments
All prices displayed on this website are in New Zealand Dollars and may be changed at any time without notice. Stay a While is a New Zealand owned company. Booking and payment for the accommodation must be made by a valid credit or debit card on www.stayawhile.co.nz, using Visa or MasterCard.
8. Fair-use Policy
Unless otherwise stated, the fair & standard use of all utilities & internet is included in the tariff for your stay. Fair use is defined as normal usage based on the size and nature of the property, the number of guests staying & the time of the year.
Where non-fair or excessive usage is deemed to have occurred, the excessive portion of overall usage will be billed to the guest & invoiced or deducted from the bond.
Non-fair or excessive usage may occur as a result of leaving appliances running for unnecessarily long periods, leaving appliances such as air-conditioning or heaters running continuously or while windows/doors are left open. Please refer to our Internet Usage Policy for more information about data usage.
9. Internet Usage Policy
Free WiFi internet is provided at most properties for web browsing & communication.
Where unlimited internet is available data restrictions do not apply. Where data is limited, the internet is not to be used for heavy streaming or downloading.
If you have high data requirements or specific speed requirements, please contact us in advance to discuss your needs and we can review temporary upgrade options and costs.
Legal usage – It is the responsibility of the booking guest to ensure that the internet at the property is used for legal and reputable purposes only. If there is any illegal usage, the booking guest will be held fully accountable for this illegal action & any resulting fines, administration & reconnection costs will be charged to the bond.
10. General Inclusions for bookings
Unless otherwise stated on the listing or booking confirmation, the following inclusions apply:
• Extended business hours on-call property manager support
• All properties are fully-furnished (more or less as photographed)
• All utilities are included (please note a fair use policy applies & excessive use will be chargeable – see Fair-use Policy).
• All linens are included
o Linen service and end of stay housekeeping are included in the
final quotations provided once Book Now is selected (also
see: Cleaning at Departure – Guest & Housekeeper
• Mid-stay linen-service and housekeeping is available by request.
• Early check-in / late check-out options can be purchased if available (please see Check-in/Check-out notes below)
• WiFi Internet is included at some properties (some conditions may apply)
• Other features & amenities as shown on property listings
For long stays where an accommodation agreement has been provided, please refer to the accommodation agreement for inclusions and other terms and conditions.
For tenancies, please refer to the tenancy agreement for inclusions and other terms and conditions.
11. Guest Rules & Responsibilities
11.1 No Parties, No gatherings over the maximum number of guests permitted at all times.
11.2 No venue use: Properties may not be booked for use as party or function venues.
11.3 No Smoking or Vaping: Smoking and Vaping is prohibited inside all properties. Some properties have a total smoking ban. If guests should violate this rule, a $300 penalty fee will be charged to the guest.
11.4 Illegal substances are strictly prohibited at all properties, inside and outside, violation of this rule will incur $1 000 penalty charge to the guest.
11.5 No unadvised guests, No tents or camper vans. Properties are made available on a per-person basis & only for guests that form part of the booking.
11.6 Access to the property during a guest stay: In situations where complaints are raised by neighbours or concerns are held by the representatives of Stay a While Holiday Homes or property owners, Stay a While Holiday Homes reserves the right for Stay a While Holiday homes staff or representatives to enter the property to ensure the property is being adequately cared for and to take any actions deemed necessary to protect the property and the wellbeing of guests and the property owners.
11.7 Stay a While reserves the right to charge call-out fees for staff and security time and/or to cancel bookings where terms and conditions are breached or where there is insufficient assurance that staying guests or intending guests will comply with these terms and conditions. Stay a While reserves the right to request paid bonds and references where necessary. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this policy or if you need to update your booking details.
12. Check-in Times
12.1 Meet & Greet is required for access
Check-in is possible anytime from 3pm (as specified in listing & arrival details) Early check in from 10:30am can be purchased at $25% of the nightly rate, depending on other bookings prior or property manager’s availability. This can only be arranged the night before arrival.
Please try to arrive during business hours where possible.
Late arrivals are available on request for an additional charge of NZ$25.00.
12.2 Check-out Times
Check-out is to be completed by 10am on your day of departure unless ‘Late check-out’ has been purchased.
Late check-out (by 3pm or as agreed in writing) can be purchased at 25% of the nightly rate if available. This request should be made at time of booking or at least 24 hours prior to your departure.
Please note that overstays may incur an additional hourly charge of $40/hour, over and above the standard Late check-out fee, as housekeepers cannot generally be rescheduled without sufficient notice.
13. Cleaning at departure – Guest Responsibilities
The cleaning cost is included in the booking total, this amount covers the standard clean time indicated in the listing and arrival information. Additional costs will apply in the event of any unreasonable/excessive cleaning and rubbish removal, beyond the standard clean time.
Additional time is charged at a rate of $40.00/hour + GST. Costs will be billed based on the additional time taken and any relevant dumping fees.
13.1 Guest Responsibilities:
- Leave the property tidy with dishes done, dishwasher unpacked, linen left on beds & towels on bathroom floors
- Clean BBQ & oven if
- used during the stay (cleaning equipment provided)
- Turn off all heating/cooling & non-essential running appliances
- Ensure the property is locked & keys etc returned
- Please leave a note or contact us if anything has been broken or lost during the stay or if there are maintenance issues requiring our attention.
- Excessive amounts of rubbish &/or recycling should be disposed of at the transfer station in Truman Lane, next to Bay Park arena.
– 13.2 Housekeeper Responsibilities:
- All surface cleaning, linen laundering & bed-making
- Removal of reasonable amounts of rubbish
- Recycling will be left for disposal on collection dates.
A standard clean time has been established for each property & is generally communicated in the listing details & arrival instructions. Where the standard cleaning time is exceeded extra cleaning charges will apply.
14. Neighbours – Peace, Privacy & Comfort
The Guest shall not make noise or disturbance that amounts to a breach of peace, privacy, or comfort of the neighbours. Guests must take care to avoid this at all times, with extra care required during late evening and early morning, especially where neighbouring homes are in close proximity to the accommodation. For this reason guests must move indoors by 10pm.
- Breach of this condition may result in termination of the accommodation contract and eviction and charges to the bond.
- Some examples of noise or disturbance that may amount to a breach of peace include, but are not limited to, loud music, loud voices, engine noise, construction activity, vehicle activity, frequent coming and going or barking dogs.
- The existence of a breach of peace will be determined by neighbours in conjunction with Stay a While Holiday Homes.
- Where this rule is breached, the Guest will be held liable for any associated charges or damages arising from the breach, including, but not limited to Stay a While Holiday Homes time spent dealing with the breach and income loss to Stay a While Holiday Homes or the property owner in the event the breach affects Stay a While Holiday Homes or the property owner’s right to continue to offer the property as accommodation.
15. Rubbish & Recycling
- One 145L official wheelie bin for general rubbish will be provided per 14 day stay week, along with two recycle bins.
- Rubbish & recycling collection dates and methods will be specified in your arrival information & at the property.
- Recycling and general waste is picked up fortnightly on alternate weeks only and requires careful separation and compaction:
1. Glass goes in the blue crate (must be clean & unbroken). It can only be filled level. Excess glass can be taken to the transfer station. Leaving excess glass will incur a removal fee.
2. Other recyclables go in the yellow lid wheelie bin (includes cleaned & squashed: Tins, Cans, Paper, Cardboard & Plastic types 1,2 & 5 only. Other plastic types and soft plastics or bags cannot be recycled. No glass in this bin & please don’t fill this bin with boxes. All recycling must be free from food and drink contamination. All lids and tops must be removed.
- Please note that decontamination and dumping charges will apply if recycling is not appropriately separated and unpacking and repacking/transport is required.
- At the end of your stay, we will dispose of up to the equivalent of 1 full rubbish bag & 1 full bin worth of recycling without charge.
- If you have additional rubbish or recycling, please take this to the nearest waste recovery centre. Disposal of recycling is free. There is a charge for general waste.
16. Pet Stays
Pets are prohibited at non-pet friendly properties.
Pets are generally welcome at homes listed as ‘Pet friendly’ and in some circumstances, exceptions may be made at other properties. Pet friendly homes may have specific terms listed under the ‘Booking Conditions’ section of the property listing page – such terms complement the following general terms:
- We require written notification of and information about your pet(s)’ type, number, age, behaviour etc prior to, or at time of booking.
- Stay a While Holiday Homes reserves the right to cancel bookings where a pet stay gives us concern.
- Our acknowledgement and acceptance of your pet guest(s) are required before pets are permitted to stay.
- Well behaved pets are welcome inside, but please do not let them on to any furniture (unless you have brought your own rugs/sheets/duvets/throws to cover the furniture).
- Pets must not be left unattended at properties (inside or outside) at any time.
- Bring your own water and food bowls for your pets. Kitchen ware are not to be used for pets.
- Before departure, guests are required to remove ALL TRACES of an animal being present at the property. This includes (but is not restricted to) any fur/hair, food, stains, smells. This also applies to any droppings around the property grounds – please complete a thorough check before you leave.
- Any damage caused during the stay must be repaired and reported to us when the damage occurs or is noticed. This includes damage to carpets, furniture, screens, paint work, gardens etc. Any applicable costs will be charged to you.
- Any additional time that is spent cleaning up after animals will be charged to you.
If you have any questions about these policies or the suitability of a home for you and your pet(s) please contact us to discuss.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information: Name & Job Title, Contact Information including email address, Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. To do this you need to opt in for this service. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we have recorded is incorrect or incomplete, please notify us by email or phone as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
18. Cancellation Policies
18.1 Cancellation by Guest(s)
- For cancellations made more than 30 days prior to arrival, a full refund is available, excluding $25 administration fee, credit card processing fee and possible service fees charged by the external booking channel, if the booking was made through an external channel (AirBnB or VRBO).
- For cancellations made 30 days ~ 15 days prior to arrival, a 50% refund of the total booking value is available as well as the cleaning and linen fee.
- For cancellations made 14 days ~ 8 days prior to arrival, a 25% refund of the total booking value is available as well as the cleaning and linen fee.
- For cancellations made within 7 days of arrival, a refund is not available, but the cleaning and linen fee will be refunded.
- Premature departure during a booking will not be eligible for any refunds.
- The service Fee is non-refundable under any circumstances once your Booking is confirmed.
- Booking changes are by agreement only once your Booking is confirmed.
This cancellation policy also applies to changes which decrease the overall value of a booking, for example decreasing the number of guests staying or shortening the length of stay.
If postponing your booking to a future date may be possible or if you have special circumstances that would warrant compassionate consideration, please contact us before cancelling your booking so that we may discuss postponement or credit options with you. Postponed bookings will not qualify a refund.
18.2 Cancellation by Stay a While
In the unlikely event that an availability or pricing error occurs at the time of booking, or that a property becomes unavailable as accommodation (for example in the event of damage by natural disaster, unavailability of critical services such as electricity or hot water, or unexpected sale by the owner), then Sta a While will undertake to provide alternatives/arrangements that are agreeable to the guest(s) and/or will provide a full refund of any amounts paid to Stay a While. Neither Stay a While, nor the property owner will have any further liability in connection with the unavailability of the property.
Stay a While and/or the property owner reserve the right to cancel a booking where it reasonably believes that the terms of stay may be breached or where references & assurances, where requested from guests, are not provided.
Stay a While and/or the property owner reserves the right to cancel a booking where the payment terms are not honoured by the Guest. Standard cancellation terms would apply with respect to refunds.
Stay a While and/or the property owner reserves the right to cancel a booking where the payment terms are not honoured by the Guest. Standard cancellation terms would apply with respect to refunds.
In the event that the terms and conditions of accommodation are seriously breached, Stay a While and/or the property owner reserve the right to evict the guest(s). Under such circumstances, compensation will not be due to the guests and the guest shall remain liable for any breakages, emergency cleaning and or additional cleaning charges.
18.3 Covid-19 Travel Restriction affected Booking postponement
This policy applies to all existing and future bookings where government restrictions prevent travel to the booked property for your intended stay.
Should there be covid alert level 3 or 4 restrictions Stay a While Holiday Homes will offer guests a full refund or a credit or date change, excluding the $25 administration fee, credit card processing fees and any service fees which might be charged by the external booking channel if the booking was made through AirBnB or VRBO.
In the event of the covid traffic light system preventing unvaccinated guests from traveling, our standard cancellation policy will apply. No refund will be offered in such cases unless our standard cancellation policy warrants a refund.
Postponement of affected bookings is offered on the following bases:
- The postponed stay is to be completed within 12-months of the original booking.
- Is subject to availability of the property,
- The total booking value may not be decreased,
- A seasonal rate increase may apply if dates are moved from a lower to higher rate season,
- Postponed dates, once set, cannot be moved without agreement.
- Charges for additional date changes may apply.
Please contact us as early as possible to request this special postponement. Requests made within 3-weeks of the original arrival date may be declined except where travel restrictions are imposed within this period.
If you selected Refund Protect cover for your booking and are unable to attend your booking due to unforeseen circumstances and you can provide evidence as listed in Refund Protect’s Terms & Conditions here, you may be entitled to a full refund. You will need your reference number (found in your booking confirmation emails) to apply for your refund using the form here.
19. Other rules to “respect the House”
In addition to anything else stated in these terms and without limiting the rights of Stay a While Holiday Homes, a breach of the following rules could result in a possible eviction from the property and / or up to $1000 being charged per breach.
- Parties, event, gatherings, receptions, stag / hen festivities without the written consent of Stay a While holiday homes. Parties / gatherings includes extra persons not authorized by Stay a While Holiday Homes.
- Excess people above the maximum at all times, not authorised by Stay a While Holiday Homes in writing. Names of all adults to be provided at time of booking.
- No smoking or vaping on the premises unless permitted by the property listing. Violation of this rule will incur $300 penalty charge to the guest.
- Use of illegal substances or conduct of illegal activities at the property. Violation will incur $1000 penalty and immediate eviction.
- Undue nuisance or noise to the neighbours or the local community.
- Tampering with smoke alarms.
- Leaving the fireplace, oven, or any other cooking unattended.
- Cutting keys or obtaining remote door controls for the property.
- Moving or re-arranging furniture.
- Anything that could invalidate the insurance policy for the property.
- Booking on behalf of another person without intending to be at the property during the stay.
- Bringing a pet onsite when unauthorised.
- Pitching of caravans or tens or, campervans on the property without the written consent of Stay a While Holiday Homes.
- Abuse, including verbal or physical of Stay a While Holiday Homes representatives, the owner or their representatives or the neighbours.
- Internet at the property only be used for legal and reputable purposes. The guest will be held fully accountable for any illegal action & resulting fines, administration & reconnection costs will be charged to the guest.
- Should you be evicted from the property, all amounts paid will be forfeited and the Property Manager may remain on site at the property as you ready for departure. Any damages and additional cleaning over and above time allowed by the pre-paid clean, will be charged to the booking credit card holder at the rate of $40/hour +GST.
- In situations where complaints are raised by neighbours or concerns are held by the Property Manager or property owners, Stay a While Holiday Homes reserves the right for its staff or representatives to enter the property to ensure the property is being adequately cared for and to take any actions deemed necessary to protect the property and the wellbeing of guests and the property owners.